Sunday, October 6, 2013

Free time... what is that??

We had our second anatomy exam on Monday and while I didn't do as well as the first exam, it was no where near as bad as it could have been so that's good. We finally got our histology grades back from the test almost 2 weeks ago. I did horrible on the multiple choice part and my practical part somewhat made up for it, but again not as good as our first quizam in there.
This coming week is not going to be fun. We start on Monday with physiology 1 exam and it is mainly neurophysiology. We had a different professor lecturing and she was extremely hard to understand/follow so it turned into a more self taught and using your classmates as resources to learn the information. Tuesday we have a histology quizam. Knowing what to expect for this one will help make it a tiny bit better. Wednesday we are handed out our take home Jurisprudence & ethics midterm and have over a week to work on that (yeah let me get right on that...). Thursday is our first physiology 2 exam and it is going to be mostly respiratory physiology which, like I said I really enjoy. Friday starts our fall break and I get to go down to texas for my cousins baby shower and I'm super pumped about getting a little break after this horrible upcoming week.
We have really got into dissecting our dog and cat in anatomy and it is definitely not my forte. My partner I am with all semester is super nice and usually pretty prepared, but is very meek and I feel like I am doing most of the dissecting because she doesn't really get in there and do what needs to be done. Sometimes you have to be a little more rough than you'd think. So needless to say her and I are very slow which backs up my whole anatomy group. I really wanted to get into the anatomy lab some yesterday to review, but it definitely was not a top priority with everything else we have to study for next week so one of my study buddies and I stuck with the other stuff. Our test on Monday was moved to 8am so we don't get so distracted studying for it instead of paying attention in our other classes. That gives us a 2 hour lunch and plenty of time to review.
Off to make sure I know everything about the autonomic nervous system, skeletal muscle, microscopic lymphatics and digestive system, and whatever else I may be ignoring forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment