Saturday, September 28, 2013

*Sigh*

We learned why we sigh this week. Respiratory physiology is actually a lot more interesting than I would have thought. There have been little factoids every day that really keep me interested.
We also had what will probably be the highlight of first year this week: goat castration. Did physical exams, trimmed hooves, and did all the surgical injections as well as actually removing the testicles. A nearby school has a huge goat program that saves about 100 goats for 1st years to castrate. Some other good news, the outcome of my physiology 1 exam was quite good considering my dislike for the material.
On the downside was my anatomy quiz and multiple choice part of my histology exam. Not sure how the practical portion of histology went yet though. After taking that depressing histology exam un motivation has been a real problem. I don't understand why a professor tries to trick you with questions. That doesn't seem like the best way to test the knowledge of a subject to me, but obviously the students don't get much say in that aspect. I was starting to feel like I was getting the hang of vet school until this week, too.
Extracurricular activities have definitely been on the back burner,  too. I spent about 8 hours organizing and studying for our second anatomy exam (which is Monday) with some classmates at school. Our current professor is horrible at presenting/delivering everything we need to know and everyone is really ready for our original professor to come back.
I feel like all I do is complain about vet school on here, but I am glad to be here, it's just so much easier to point out the negatives than the positives. My classmates are amazingly helpful and supportive. Everyone is willing to share study guides they have made and helpful hints. While sometimes it feels like high school again, mostly everyone here is pretty great. Better go cram in a few more facts before my anatomy test.

No comments:

Post a Comment