Tuesday, September 10, 2013

**** just got real

That seems to be what every first year has said this week. We got our anatomy exams back on Monday and the class average was an 81. I did better than the average, but I want to avoid the whole who did better than who stuff and just say that I was pleased with my grade, but there is always room for improvement. We got our histology quiz back today and I have the same sentiments for it, too. I did do better than I had thought though, so that was exciting.
Just as everyone was rejoicing over the first exam being over we started learning the skull in anatomy and all I can say is OMG! There are more holes, protuberances, etc on the skull than everything else we have learned combined. I feel so behind in everything right now and every second spent not studying I feel guilty. (Like right now)
We started physiology 2 on Monday and that extra 4 hours in a classroom a week really is exhausting. On Monday's we spend 3 hours sitting in the same cramped classroom trying to pay attention and boy is it hard. Then we get another 3 hours of anatomy after that.
We have a quiz in neurophysiology on Thursday and a physiology 1 test on Monday and starting next week we have a test every week pretty much until finals (goodbye weekends!) Hopefully I can get everything organized by this evening so I can get a good nights  some sleep. I was sooo hoping to stay fit by working out in the morning but I have found that if I want a parking spot within a mile from the school I have to leave my house by 7:30 and up by 6:30. If I want to work out in the morning it would require getting up way too early and I'm so exhausted after sitting in class all day that I can't motivate myself to do it when I get home. I know those are all lame excuses, but right now that is all I've got.
Get rabies shot 2 tomorrow, bleh. Luckily I don't have a zootech lab tomorrow so I can use the whole afternoon for studying. Yay...

No comments:

Post a Comment