Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Firsts

Got my first rabies shot today around 8:30 this morning and no reaction yet. It didn't hurt too bad, but I have 2 more to go and I've heard it only gets worse.
We had our first histology exam yesterday... and I really have no idea how I did. I know it wasn't an A and I walked out second guessing myself. Definitely not a good feeling. Everyone is calling it a quizam because it was probably the biggest quiz anyone's taken.
Exam number 1 is tomorrow and its for anatomy. I think I feel prepared, but who knows. I got an A on the last anatomy quiz and that is reassuring, but I want to excell on this test because I know anatomy is only going to get harder from here on out so maybe I can have a little buffer. I was studying with some classmates on a break today and I can really notice a difference spending a few hours in anatomy lab on the weekends is making and you can pick out the people who haven't quite easily.
Physiology 1 is going okay. Not a favorite class by any means. We add physiology 2 next week and it is supposed to be a VERY tough class. So not only do we have to manage our classes now getting harder, we get to add one. I can feel the stress building up by the copious amount of acne covering my face... it looks like a terrible pizza.
I get a break this weekend and I get to see one of my best friends get married. It will be nice not to have to concentrate on school for a few hours and hopefully I won't feel too anxious not studying since all we have next week is a neurophysiology quiz on Thursday.
In zoo technology we got to learn how to do basic physical exams on dogs today. Classmates brought in their own dogs and my first one was on an adorable 10 mo old aussie and she did great. Next, was a Very well behaved jack russell and I actually found an abnormality on her that no one had noticed before. It was nice to know I was thorough but I definitely felt bad showing the owner, especially since it was a fellow first year. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing, but at least it was a toe in the water of giving bad news. I feel ahead of the game when it comes to some small animal stuff because of everything I learned working as a technician at a small animal clinic.
Well, the intermedioradial carpal bone is calling my name..... what is a sonovial joint again?

2 comments:

  1. How long does the immunity last? Do you have to do it again???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to do a titer in 3 years to check immunity.

    ReplyDelete