Sunday, August 31, 2014

break

Have a 3 day weekend because of labor day and I'm so glad. The last 2 weeks have been exhausting. I remember last years all the 2nd years saying how bored they were and I don't see it. I spent yesterday at my parent's house getting my horses' feet trimmed and it took almost all day. 4 of them acted awful! Also, I didn't even study a smidge yesterday. When I got home, my husband wanted to go to a friend's house for a football party for the season opener. Well, when we got there they didn't have the channel so we ended up listening to it on the radio, while all the guys played dominos. Pretty lame!
For palpation last week we got a different set of mares and I could feel everything so much better in them. We start ultrasounding on Tuesday so I need to research ultrasound images before then. I also have Pharmacology and Bac T quizzes Wednesday I need to study for the next few days. Tuesday is also the first bovine practitioners cookout/meeting, Wednesday is an orientation for working at the birthing centers for the statefair followed by the first scavma meeting, and Thursday is the first vet business management meeting. Needless to say, this week is going to be a little hectic. Mixed into all of that we have to get a few hours in at the hospital for intro to clinics. The rotations I've done so far are community practice and radiology, so I have equine med, equine surgery, food animal, internal med, small animal surgery, and log 3 necropsies at OADDL, which is Oklahama animal disease and diagnostics lab.
My friend and I are actually keeping up with working out at the gym a few times a week. We are getting bored with the routine though so I thought about taking up tennis lessons; however, they are around the times we have club meetings and as much rushing around as I already do, it might be a bad idea. With our class schedules so erratic, it is hard to fit in any group fitness classes. Speaking of friends, one of mine had to put her dog down last week and it was heartbreaking. I know one of my dogs is getting up there in age and is on phenobarb for seizures and that hasn't done her liver any favors. On that note, I better get back to studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment