Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to school

So I've had my first 2 days of the semester and all I can say is holy cow, I'm worn out. Vet school is definitely kicking my butt. 21 hours is a lot! My core schedule this semester includes clinical anatomy, clinical pathology, Pharmacology 1, infectious diseases 1, parasitology 2, and intro to clinics and my electives are SA medical diagnosis: signs and symptoms, veterinary emergency response, and equine therio. We have had conflict after conflict this semester and it is super frustrating, but we're getting through it I guess. Also parking this semester has been pretty bad because of construction so we have to get to school by like 730 every day.
A buddy and I worked out pretty hard Monday after class and I really started paying for it around 10 this morning. Then, we started (rectally) palpated mares in equine therio today and I wouldn't be surprised if my arms weren't black and blue tomorrow. It was kind of frustrating because I never felt comfortable about the stuff I was finding so I need to brush up on my female anatomy before next week. Hopefully I won't feel so awkward next time.
The first years seem to be getting along well. I heard a few of them talking about how overwhelmed by the amount of material and I was trying to be as un cynical as I can, and trying to remember I felt the same way after day 2, also. We got 4 transfer students in this semester and they seem a little more outgoing than our last 4. I'm thinking it's because they aren't all from the same school. Well, I better get some studying done before I pass out from exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment