Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Whelp...

I can't believe summer is coming to a close. I didn't get a lot accomplished this summer, but I'm kinda ok with that. It seems like everyone was so busy with summer plans going to externships or working their butt off on research or whatever and never had time to relax. I totally don't regret having a real job because I kind of feel relaxed,  and while I'm not quite ready for school to start I do feel refreshed.
Besides working at the ICU I've also got to help with drug testing horses at horse shows. The first was in June at the reining derby and I got to see some really great horses compete. Then on Saturday I got to help with GO Shows hunter jumper show and those horses are amazing athletes. Plus, it is REALLY good money. I think when I graduate I am going to apply to be a drug tester. The vet does the blood drawing while the technician waits and waits and waits to catch urine. There were 3 of us technicians and I was pretty much the only one who had to wait for hours for the horse to pee.
This past month I haven't had to work in the icu much so I got to do a lot of riding. I also got to go to Texas to see family a couple weeks ago and finally got to meet my cousins baby. He sure is fun, but not sure I could handle school and a baby.
I've read quite a few books this summer. I started with the hunger games series, then fualt in our stars, the cowboy way, horse vet by Courtney diehl, orange is the new black, fifty shades of grey (thought they were awful, bleh), divergent series, a few others not worth mentioning, and now I'm on the 3rd book of the outlander series. If you have a ton of time on your hands the outlander series is a really good one, but I'm afraid I won't have time to finish them before school starts and I feel like I really should start reviewing for school soon. Whelp, not much else going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment