Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Time flies when you never stop studying

Oh, wait, that isn't how that goes... None of us can believe it, but in exactly 1 month we have our final final of first semester! That means finals week is 3 1/2 weeks away. How in the world am I going to fit everything I need into my brain before that awful week arrives???!!! Oh that's right, never stop studying! So what am I doing now? Procrastinating on a blog of course.
All we have left this semester before finals is a couple physiology 1 quizzes and a histology quizzam. The anatomy test on Monday was pure evil! My decent grades from the last physiology 1 exam and zootechnology midterm (yes, I know I was worried for nothing about that exam) somewhat kept me from taking all the junk food in the house, ingesting it, and crawling under the covers and hibernating forever until I could find something easier in life to accomplish.
There were 2 things every vet student said you get burnt out on quickly: one of which I didn't think possible and the other I didn't think would happen so fast. Pizza and studying. Well, its true. I am so sick of pizza from all the club meetings and lunch and learns, but its free so you shut up and eat it. Studying... I figured since it had been a couple years since I had hit the books it might take me a bit longer to hit this roadblock, but no... it is something always on the back of your mind, and while I don't feel as guilty when I take study breaks, I still feel that if I had studied just a little bit more maybe I would have got an A.
Oh and lesson of the day: Don't be like me and pay attention in ALL of your undergrad chemistry classes, because that crap comes back again and again in vet school. It will make studying a lot easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment