Friday, November 8, 2013

Good news?

Had 2 tests and 2 quizzes this week. The quizzes went great. It will be a bit before I know how the tests went, but I think they were ok. The semester is quickly coming to an end and it is kind of exciting knowing that we will all be 1/8 dvm in a few more weeks. Monday we have our last exam until finals and it has to be anatomy! There is a lot of pressure on this exam because if you do well you can replace your worst exam grade with this one; however, in the long run, a couple points don't make very much difference since the final is worth sooo much.
Moving on to the possible good news... a question a lot of people have going into vet school is if you can hold down a job. The answer is usually a resounding NO! But, being crazy me, I applied for an overnight large animal ICU tech position where 1 or 2 weekend nights a month you work in the large animal barn monitering hospitalized cases, administering treatments, helping with incoming emergencies, etc and I just found out I got it. I'm pretty excited I think since it will be nice to have a few extra bucks and more importantly getting to know the staff at the hospital a lot more. We get more info on it next week and I'll keep it updated on how it goes. Hopefully, it won't be too hard on me and get me used to studying working weird hours. It is also a possibility of working more hours over Christmas and summer breaks so it would be nice not to have to worry about finding a job during the non school times.
Other cool things of the week. I got to do a physical exam on a guinea pig and llama one day, sheep one day, and cow another day. The joys of being a vet is how variable every day can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment