Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nothing too exciting lately. Finished up a few quizzes and have one more before Thanksgiving break. Dead week we only have a couple classes and it is all review so studying will definitely be a priority over everything else. Last week I had my equine husbandry labs so I got to do exams on horses all week. Also, I started training for the new job. Getting up at 4am and then having a full day of classes afterwards is not easy! At least it is only 2 days a week until finals week. I got to see a colic case of one of OSU's horses, a horse that was gored in the thorax by a bull, 2 of the sweetest heifer calves, some rodeo bulls with leg injuries (apparently very common), and a really neat neurological equine case on a horse that had been competing at AQHA world show.  We are going over more neurophysiology right now and it is exciting to be able to actually implement what we are learning on a living, breathing animal! It also shows how important anatomy actually is no matter how boring, tedious, and smelly it has gotten (next semester we have equine/comparitive anatomy which is suppose to be a thousand times better).
The actual school part of vet school is going by so fast, and I'm not doing too bad. The feeling that I somehow mistakenly got into vet school is starting to fade. I am no where near stellar in any of my classes, but I know several of my extremely intelligent colleagues are struggling and I feel awful for them. At the beginning of the semester I really thought I would at least enjoy some of my classes, and I did at first, but now... we are all sick of (and somewhat agitated with) every class and extremely ready to just move on and be that much closer to graduating. I doubt I'm going to win any major awards for my grades, but all I'm here for is those three letters behind my name so I can't complain too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment