Friday, August 23, 2013

uhhh...

No title because brain too full. First full week of classes is complete and I am full of a lot more dismal adjectives to describe vet school than I was last Friday.  It can't even be compared to under grad. As much as I love to learn it is ridiculous that amount of studying done by vet students. I am definitely feeling the sting of not having been in a school environment for several years. I have yet to even watch a full tv program this week. I don't think I probably need to study as much as I have been, but I don't want to get out of the habit.

We had the club fair on Thursday and I think I am going to join equine, bovine, canine, and therio. Depending on how the canine goes, it may or may not last long on my list.

So far I have had all my classes except phys 2 which we will add in a couple weeks. I think I am a very visual learner and anatomy and histology are going to come easier to me than physiology. I didn't do too excellent on the first quiz and the main reason is that I rushed through it and made stupid mistakes. I felt I knew the information well, but I didn't read the fine print. I need to force my self to slow done and focus especially on the questions that are a paragraph long and require you to apply your knowledge rather than regurgitate info.

Tomorrow I plan on going up to the school in the morning to reinforce the anatomy bones of the forearm and maybe work on a better way to organize my physiology notes. I have been really trying to stay on top of my physical fitness, too. One of the doctors I worked with said when she had a good fitness regimen in school she was able to learn and retain info more easily so I have been getting on the treadmill in the mornings before class and going through some notes. Hopefully I won't be a whale by the end of the 4 years. Better not procrastinate my 'fun' filled weekend any longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment