Friday, August 16, 2013

It was nice to meet you

Well, here goes nothing. I am starting vet school on Monday and like many other vet students I figured I would start a blog. I know, exciting, right!? There were a few reasons I wanted to do this: keep record of how much I hated loved vet school, for family and friends that want to know why I disappeared for 4 years, but mostly for the people who aspire to be vets one day. When I was struggling to decide what to do for the rest of my life I came across a few blogs that really influence and pushed me to follow the path that took me where I am today.

A few things about me... I am a non-traditional student, meaning I didn't go straight to vet school after ungrad. I am married, have 3 dogs, 2 horses, and live out in the middle of nowhere on a cattle ranch that my husband works for. I was born and raised in Oklahoma and have lived here all but about 10 months, when I moved to Kansas to be with the hubby after under grad while he worked as an assistant manager at a feed yard. I plan on being a mixed animal practitioner if once I graduate.

So far, we have had 2 days of team building orientation and a white coat ceremony. Classes this semester will include anatomy, histology, Physiology 1 & 2, Zoo technology, and Jurisprudence & ethics.  People keep asking if I am excited, and I say yes because that seems like the right answer. Truthfully I am mostly scared that I won't make it for 2 seconds. Apparently this is called imposter syndrome and almost everyone feels it after the initial excited 5 minutes when you receive that acceptance letter.

Well, I can't promise this to be the most eloquent, witty blog, or that I will be able to post updates every day, but I still hope it helps someone.  If anyone has any questions or comments, don't hesitate.
Oh and it was nice to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment