Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Am I really a third year?!

We got our cadaver surgery schedule yesterday so I guess that means yes! I truly can't believe how fast the first 2 years went by. I was just thinking the other day about the summer before vet school started my husband and I had dinner with some friends and one of them was about to start 3rd year and I was so jealous he was halfway thru vet school and now that's me. My surgery partner is a girl that seems pretty cool and the best part is we are about the same height so we won't have to fight over table height and I don't have to stand on a stool. My first "surgery" is the 23rd... And school starts in less than 2 weeks.
We still don't have our day to day schedule so I haven't dropped any electives yet, but I know the time is coming. I know more than likely it will be the shall animal one, but I guess I'll just have to see what conflicts the most with my schedule. The only 2 times I work for the rest of the month are this Friday and next Friday. We have a 150 page syllabus and surgery videos to read and watch so I have a feeling that's what I'll be doing in my down time at work. The night tech that has been at the hospital for several years just quit so they are wanting us to work half shifts once school starts. I don't know how busy I'll be but I could always use the extra money.
I've been working out almost every day the past couple weeks and i feel like my arms and legs are more toned and that I can run longer without feeling like I'm dying at the end which is awesome. I've also been reading a ton of books over the summer. I started with the Grimm series and it really got me hooked on fantasy books. Another series a liked was the grey wolves series. There were a few other random books then the last one I read was called finding Fraser and it was about a girl trying to find me right based off the outlander series. Right now I'm reading true to the highlander which is the first book in a series also about a girl traveling back in time to 15th century Scotland and its been pretty good. Well I better get all my fun out of the next couple days and enjoy the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment