Sunday, May 31, 2015

Long time no... post?

So its been a while, in case you hadn't noticed. Quite a bit has happened since spring break, the most blatant being that I'm a 3rd year now!! It still feels so weird to say to say that. My grades were overwhelmingly better this semester and I really surprised myself in a couple classes. I was most worried about anesthesia and radiology and while they were my worst grades, I still did better than I was hoping for in them. Virology turned out a whole lot better than I was expecting, too. The last few weeks of school I don't feel like I did anything more than work, workout, and study.
Since school has been out I quickly fell into the habit of not doing anything. I worked a lot more at the beginning since we were down a night tech, but they have hired a new one so not so much overnights. My friend and I have been cutting cedars for my husband's boss to make some extra cash, too. I visited my parents' a couple times. First was for my sister-in-law's baby shower which happened to be a little late since she had the baby 6.5 weeks premature. My new niece is so adorable! Earlier this week I went and stripped wallpaper and started prepping my old room so my mom could paint it.
I'm kind of in a pickle for next semester. As of right now I'm enrolled in 21 hours, plus surgery which we won't be enrolled in until next semester. The electives I am taking now are equine radiology, equine advanced techniques 1, bovine therio/palpation, and advanced small animal diagnostics. The equine radiology is 2 hours and the small animal class is only one. I feel like I'll benefit from the equine radiology more, but I don't know if I can handle 20 hours plus surgery, when I've already been barely getting by on 20 hours. Ugh, vet school problems.
I had planned on trying to do another externship or 2 this summer, but I haven't been able to make myself want to do anything more than I have been doing. I don't want to waste the summer sitting around the house, but at the same time, I want to be able to enjoy my last summer of doing nothing! I guess that is it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment