Friday, March 20, 2015

Spring Break

I feel like second year I'm busy all the time, but it's nothing interesting enough to blog about. My choke horse is doing great and out with the boys in the pasture again and much happier.
School is going good I guess. The week before last we didn't have any tests so since they had an over night tech quit they've been needing help so I worked a couple 4 to 8am shifts. One of the shifts we ended up having a snow day with no snow. We took a virology and radiology test last week and still haven't heard grades from that.
We started our food animal techniques electives and it is so fun! I've gotten to do a caudal epidural, give a bolus, place a jugular catheter, do a paravertebral nerve block, and a Peterson eye block. So exciting!
In small ruminants the Friday before spring break we went out to a goat farm and trimmed get, did famacha scoring, and determined whether the goats were near kidding. It was pretty fun, but it was in the rain so that was no bueno.
So spring break a class mate and I decided to do extern ships at equine clinics in Texas. Unluckily, we couldn't get in at the same clinic so I went to one and she went to another about 10min away. I had so much fun! I feel much more competent with lameness exams and iv injections. I got to tube a horse, too which was cool. On the last day I got to palpate one of their blood donor mares so it was nice to brush up on my palpating. There were some cool procedures and stuff that I got to help with and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
I guess that's about it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment