Sunday, October 26, 2014

Another tiresome week done. Monday was bacteriology exam. I didn't do the greatest, but I maintained the letter grade I had in the class. Wednesday was clinical anatomy and still not sure how that one went. Didn't feel too great walking out of it. We got our pharm grades from the previous week and it wasn't the most pleasant. We have parasitology 2 lecture and lab exam on Tuesday.  I really want to do better on it than I did the last one.
I think I forgot to mention this, but in January I got selected to do an equine wet lab at Texas A&M. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully i get into the ones I want.
Friday we had fall break and my friend and I needed to log 3 necropsies for our intro to clinics class so we went to OADDL that morning. Of course they ended up not having any so we stayed at school and studied parasit until after noon then went to buffalo wild wings for lunch. It was pretty tasty, but may have had some adverse effects on my bowel at work that night. It was pretty busy, too, and we had quite a few interesting cases.
The next morning without any sleep my husband and I went to my parent's and loaded 75 square bales, ate lunch, visited a friend that is moving to Florida soon so she is giving me all her stuff from her barn, came home and stacked the 75 bales, took a shower and crashed! I was so tired, but we went to church this morning and went grocery shopping afterwards.
My dog update is that she is doing 'ok.' She won't eat unless I soak her dog food in water, slather it in a high quality beef and gravy baby food, and literally spoon feed it to her. She is officially off phenobarb and on levetiracetum. We took her off almost all her other pills to help her appetite. She is on dasuquin, Denamarin, and a couple more days of simplicef. I guess that is it here. Time for some more parasit!

No comments:

Post a Comment