Sunday, October 12, 2014

It hasn't been long since I wrote, but it feels like quite a bit has happened. Had our bacteriology lab exam on Wednesday and they put grades out Friday and I forgot to check mine so I'm still in the dark on how that went. We had a small ruminants meeting Wednesday night about dealing with cranky llamas and we actually had the llama at the meeting.
Her name is Delilah and she is the school's blood donor llama. She has some anger issues, but isn't too bad. 
Then the rest of the week something weird happened... we didn't have a test or quiz the rest of the week. I could have been a good student and get ahead on studying... but I wasn't and it was wonderful! I did start kind of studying for my final in equjne therio which is tomorrow. I'm sorda worried about it aince its half our grade, but I feel pretty good about the material. We have a pharm quiz Wednesday and an exam Friday which I need to get going on, too. 
Friday I brought my horses in to the school to get Coggins down and float there teeth. I hauled them in before class and got them set up in some stalls. They screamed neighed almost the whole time I was there, but finally started to calm down. One was across from a mule, and one of the residents told me he sat and stared at it all day. They had the vet school picnic in the rain on Friday. It was different this year. They had food trucks instead of a cookout, and while it was delicious, it was no fun standing in line forever in the rain. Went back to the hospital for my appointment and the resident let me do some of it with the hand floats and it was pretty exciting and I actually did a decent job! There were a couple other 2nd years getting their intro to clinics hours and I let them practice blood draws and injections on my horses. This weekend has been pretty laid back and it's been nice. Better get to studying though.

No comments:

Post a Comment