Thursday, February 27, 2014

favorites

About the time I decided to apply to vet school I found a site called Student Doctor Network or SDN.com in which pre-vet/med/dental etc are joined together in a site where students and professionals get together and discuss topics important in each division. The pre-veterinary forum has started a blog topic of the week, and the past few weeks I have either been too busy or uninetersted in the topic, but this week is something a little more upbeat (and I've been able to relax and enjoy a glass of wine tonight) and less complainey ( I only had 3 hours of sleep last night so I can make up words if I want to).
Anywho, this week is about what your favorite subject or special interest is in. All I have to say is neurology.  While, I'm pretty sure I don't plan on making a specialty out of it, the subject really peaked me interest. It is amazing how one little lesion can make all the difference in an animals life and how prognosis can go from grave to recoverable by just a couple symptoms. It took a while for the physiology of it all to click with me, but once it did I was in awe of how everything worked. If I were smarter and younger that would definitely be something worth pursuing. Even the large animal side of it (especially the equines) is a relevant field. But, alas, I will stick with my goal of being a mixed animal practitioner. While it might not be as rewarding (physically and financially) I do think I will be happy with that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment