Saturday, January 18, 2014

I guess since we've already had a week of school I should write something. I don't feel very motivated to blog yet this semester and I'm not sure why. Some changes have happened this semester,  first of which is our classes. We have pathology, parasitology, Immunology,  Physiology 3 (which encompasses gastrointestinal, metabolism, reproduction, and some endocrinology physiology), comparative anatomy, Epidemiology and evidence based medicine. Of all those parasitology is suppose to be the worst. I have started studying some, but nothing like the beginning of last semester. I really need to get my butt in gear, but I feel like something is just dragging me down this semester. Hopefully it gets better soon. The nice thing about our schedule is we are out of class by noon on Fridays, but Monday and Wednesdays we are stuck in the same classroom for 4 hours of lecture in the morning and all concentration is gone by hour 2 if not sooner.
I had my first overnight shift at the ICU while school was in session last night. It wasn't too awful, but again I didn't study near as much as I should have...but that's why we have a 3 day weekend, right? Ate IHOP in stillwater with my parents this morning. It was nice to see them.
I've really decided I need to get myself in better shape since this weight gain has gotten out of control, so my buddies and I are going to yogalatis on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 630, and man is it hard to get up at 5 am, but it is going to be worth it. We also go to a plain yoga class on Fridays after we are done with classes and it is a nice way to end the week. Well, I better get to studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment