Thursday, December 17, 2015

Only one more...

Finals week left in my vet school career! Made it through this one alive and did well this semester. I still find myself comparing my grades to others and it makes me feel like crap sometimes. I know I shouldn't, but up until vet school I was always on top and now I'm not and it kind of sucks. I just have to suck it up and tell myself they worked harder than I did and deserve the grades we got.
I had my 28th birthday on Saturday and my mom got her friends, my sister in law, my friend, and me tickets for the nutcracker ballet. It was so beautiful and reminded me of going with my mom as a child.
In other news my friend and I went down to Jr surgery on Monday to get more experience in and I got to help with a couple spays and neuters and a cherry eye on a cute little beagle puppy.  I didn't get to do a lot in the surgeries because the 4th years were almost done with the rotation and wanted to get as many surgeries as they could. On Tuesday we went to OKC and walked around the national cowboy and western heritage museum. It was really cool and had spectacular paintings. After that we went to the OKC outlet shops. They were okay, but our feet were pretty tired. We went by the mall after that and came home and  I crashed. Yesterday we went back to surgery and I assisted on a couple neuters and a spay.
We finally got our 4th year schedules on Friday. It is exciting and terrifying to have our final year all planned out. I ended up with everything I asked for. My best vet school friend and I have all our electives together, but that's it. We have ranch therio, shelter, ambulatory, and ophtho. I still need to get my preceptors scheduled out, but they're not until March 2017 so I have a while.
We still don't have our schedules for next semester but I got both my electives, food animal surgery and advanced equine techniques 2. I'll be pretty busy still though because I have 10 surgeries left for small animal.
Next week and the week after I'll be pretty busy working overnights. But my last night is the 30th and I'll be done with the job! I don't have a lot planned for the break, except just sitting around and it will be glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment