Friday, December 13, 2013

Old

You know you're getting old when you celebrate your birthday the day after your birthday by taking a nap. Most of the younger classmates are going out to the bars tonight and I couldn't even imagine having the stamina to do that! I probably got around 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night this week and it was awful. The only grade I have so far is physiology 1 and I ended up with a B on the final and in the class. The only class I am truly worried about is physiology 2. I think we should have our grades by Tuesday. Anatomy today had to be the most tiresome test I have ever taken. It is all fill in the blank and short answer and I just about took the full 2.5 hours he let us have for the exam. I know I didn't do nearly as well as I could have, but it was the last final and my ability to study/retain anything else just diminished every day.
I just want to sleep for like the next week, but apparently that is not in my future. Tomorrow I have an orientation for work starting at 9am and should last a few hours. I reaaalllyyy need to clean my house sometime,  too. Sunday I am going to my parents house for my nephews birthday party so that should be fun.
I get to actually work on the 19th, 21st, and 29th over break and I'm pretty excited. One of by vet school buddies used to work in the junior surgery lab at the school so over break I might go over there with her and refresh my skills like catheters, intubation, and so on. I can't remember when the last time a hit a vein was and I'm definitely out of practice. Off to go enjoy no studying! And here is a picture of the flowers by buddies at school got me for my birthday. They're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment